Women experience various reactions after abortion including:
• Relief leading to denial
• Relief followed by grief
• Immediate regret and utter devastation
- “It's obvious that the abortion wrecked my life. Emotionally, I was a different person before and after it. It left a path of destruction in my life. My family, my first marriage, my image of myself - all a total wreck. Nothing will ever be the same.”
Currently, 3 in 10 women will have at least one abortion by the age of 45 and up to 65% of them may experience symptoms of Post Abortion Stress. Yet most suffer in silence. You may be one of these women.
LifeChoice is offering an abortion recovery program to help women find spiritual and emotional peace and guide them on a path to healing. This LifeChoice support group, "Surrendered and Forgiven," will offer guidance in healing the wounds of the brokenhearted and help them let go of the painful past. This interactive group experience will offer caring and confidential support to help women share their painful story in a safe, nonjudgmental place.Ask yourself...
• Find yourself struggling to turn off feelings or memories related to your abortion(s)?
• Experiencing depression or feelings of unworthiness?
• Feeling guilt, anger, shame or sorrow in relation to your abortion(s)?
• Any destructive behaviors (alcohol, drugs, etc.) in your life?
• Trouble building or maintaining close relationships?
• Keep telling yourself to "forget it" or "put it behind you?"
• Reluctant to talk about your abortion?
• Does the anniversary month of the abortion or your due date disrupt your life each year?
Issues can occur anywhere from days to years later. You may not even realize that these feelings are related to your abortion. If some of these questions resonate with you, you may be experiencing the emotional after effects of abortion.